Join AFP Indian River
International Conference Scholarship Opportunities
Membership Scholarship Opportunities
AFP Indian River offers a number of scholarships each year for new members and for membership renewal. To be eligible, an individual must:
- Be employed by a non-profit organization operating within Indian River County, unless applying for Small Nonprofit status.
- Be primarily responsible for fundraising within the nonprofit organization for which they are employed.
- Have never been an AFP member (unless applying for the renewal scholarship).
- Demonstrate financial need. Strong consideration will be given to individuals working to fundraise for organizations with limited development staff and annual budgets, and Small Nonprofit organizations.
- Agree to serve on a committee or volunteer at a chapter event.
- Agree to invite your immediate supervisor, or if you are Executive Director, a keyboard or fund development volunteer, to at least one AFP Chapter function.
- Young Professional Membership – Under 30 ($95), renewable for second year
- Small Nonprofit Membership ($175), renewable for second year
- Professional Membership ($290), renewable for second year
- Renewal Membership ($290), one-time only
A renewal membership will be offered for current active members whose organization’s operating budget is less than $2 million and is able to provide written documentation that membership will not be renewed due to budget constraints.
Member must be active demonstrated by committee service, volunteerism at AFP event or attendance at more than 50% of chapter professional development offerings. This scholarship is not renewable for second year.
Steps for applying for a scholarship:
- Complete and sign scholarship application and submit to address specified on the application.
- Complete and sign scholarship agreement and submit along with scholarship application.
- Complete AFP membership application and submit along with scholarship application and agreement.
AFP MEMBERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2020
For additional information on the Scholarship Program, please contact